Coming to Comic Shops August 14 2019 - August Week 2
Check out the latest books set to arrive at stores August 14 2019. Now you will know which books will arrive on which week, so you can make sure they get added to your pull list on time - or just check which titles on your subscription list will arrive in your box this week. Do yourself a favor and SIGN UP NOW for Pullbox if you haven't already. If you have, use this list to quickly search for the titles you want and add them to your list today!
This week there are a lot of beginnings and endings. The first books of some awesome new series, and the final books for some of our recent favorites. Make sure you sign up ASAP so you don't miss those #1's - especially since there will room on your pull with those other books dropping off - at least for now!
This blog is going to be growing and changing - we like to evolve with the needs of our customers and take care of you all the best we can. Check back here weekly to see what new features have been added - then give me your suggestions on our Comments page, or email Rogue1.
KeyMaster Picks for August Week 2! August 14 2019
COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!
Coming to DC on August 14 2019
to prevail-but when she multiplies her forces, her authority is divided. With time running out, hundreds of sister-selves must negotiate their powers and learn to work together to free Agwe and turn the tide for the House of Dahomey.
New from Marvel for August 14 2019
Years ago, Patricia Robertson was unwillingly bonded to the clone of Venom that eventually became Mania, and she's been living in fear of symbiotes ever since. But she's also been living with a secret, and with the coming of Carnage, Patricia must take a stand - and will have no choice but to confront her demons head-on!
Since the conclusion of DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE, four of the five LIFE FOUNDATION SYMBIOTES - Riot, Phage, Agony and Lasher - have been bonded to a stray dog, wandering the Midwest. But as Carnage descends on New York, its siblings will find it impossible to resist the siren song of KNULL...
That's right - everyone's favorite comics-fan-turned-comics character is back, and this time, she's playing for keeps! Gwen Poole is desperate not to disappear into comic book limbo, so she's going to make an impact on the Marvel Universe! First up: Unmask Spider-Man! And heck, maybe see if she can get some real super-powers while she's at it!
How did NAMOR change the world? All is finally revealed here as the WINTER SOLDIER tracks down the world's greatest threat! Meanwhile, the TORCH's life changes FOREVER and CAPTAIN AMERICA deals with the fallout as ROXXON targets ATLANTIS!
• MYSTERIO makes his final play for the symbiote!
• And is this the beginning of the end for Spidey and BLACK CAT?
• Beetle, Electro, Lady Octopus, Scorpia and White Rabbit have come together for one reason: TO HUNT BOOMERANG!
• Spidey knew having Boomerang as a roommate would come back to bite him, but not like this.
• Good thing his dad's a former Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.! And there's no price Jeff wouldn't pay to get his son back.
• But the trade may come back to haunt them, as one of the most formidable foes Miles has EVER faced RETURNS!
• Featuring the last of a series of covers by Into the Spider-Verse art director Patrick O'Keefe!
• The climactic end of arc 2 puts Spider-Man face to face with a villain who's been secretly plaguing the Marvel Universe since WWII!
• This villain weaponizes pain and uses Spider-Man's painful history to threaten the Web-Slinger like never before!
Eight-year-old Peter Quincy is willing to pay seven dollars to the person who can kill his bad dreams, and the Merc with a Mouth is on the case! But if Deadpool wants to earn that sweet, sweet paper, he's going to have to throw down with Nightmare himself!
• SWORD MASTER'S origin story continues as he battles a demon from beyond - and awakens his black blade for the first time!
• But will the awakened sword prove more bloodthirsty than the demons themselves?
• And in our second story, SHANG-CHI and LIN LIE team up to search for Lin's father. But Lin's rashness and Shang-Chi's suspicion of all things magic set the stage for doom!
• Is this the end of Norrin Radd as the all-consuming darkness descends upon him?
• Or will help come in the form of an unexpected ally?
Being Captain Marvel has been the greatest joy of Carol Danvers' life. But a new hero is rising to the limelight - just as Carol's own powers begin to fail her. With everyone now believing she's a Kree traitor, Carol can't help but wonder...does the world even need Captain Marvel?
or be annihilated by the fighting-mad Immortal Hulk!
Restless with his new duties after the War of the Realms, Loki seeks out the advice of the closest thing Earth has to a king - TONY STARK, THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN! - Close enough, right? But it turns out old Shell-head isn't happy to see Loki on account of all that stuff he did. Now the God of Mischief/Stories/Evil/Chaos has to outsmart the cleverest man in Midgard or die (again) trying. Meanwhile, could Thor be hatching a mischievous plot of his own?
• Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
• Let's do the good news: It's the start of a new Squirrel Girl arc! BRAIN DRAIN is missing! A sinister face from the past returns! And the hitherto UNBEATABLE Squirrel Girl will have to face CERTAIN DEFEAT to save him!
• Now the bad news: While this is the start of a new Squirrel Girl arc, it's the start of our LAST Squirrel Girl arc! We're going out on a high note. You have been amazing, and making this book has been amazing, but sadly in four months, THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL will end with issue #50. I KNOW.
• Now the good news again: Because it's our last story ever we're making it COMPLETELY HUGE AND AMAZING and it is going to BLOW YOUR MIND!
• It's the start of the most nuts Squirrel Girl story ever as lives hang in the balance, narrative threads are resolved, and shocking reveals are made!
Hot on the trail of the Ten Rings and trying to stop whatever destruction they have planned, Ironheart pays a visit to Wakanda...but doesn't exactly hit it off with Princess Shuri. And a new ally may be able to shed some light on the story of Midnight's Fire.
Journey into the Hyborian Age with Valeria, the hero from Robert E. Howard's classic CONAN story "Red Nails," on an all-new quest set before the fan-favorite tale!
Before her careers as a pirate and mercenary and before she crossed paths with the Red Brotherhood and the likes of Conan of Cimmeria, Valeria was a young woman from Aquilonia, seeking justice for a crime gone unpunished. But as the formidable Valeria makes her way in this world, proving her capability against those who doubt her abilities as a young woman, she will find more than she bargained for in her thirst for revenge.
Her deadly fighting skills will be put to the test and her trust will be shaken as she hunts her brother's killer and comes into her own as a force to be reckoned with in the Hyborian Age! Don't miss the start of an all-new classic, from Meredith Finch (Wonder Woman, SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN) and Aneke (Red Sonja, DC's Bombshells)!
Plus: The first chapter of an all-new novella featuring one of CONAN's greatest nemeses - the wizard THOTH-AMON!
• POE DAMERON is the greatest pilot in THE RESISTANCE.
• But before the Resistance, he commanded another crew. He flew for the NEW REPUBLIC.
• But was Poe flying for the right cause?
• VALANCE and DENGAR track DARTH VADER while also seeking out the perfect weapon to kill the SITH LORD...
• ...which they'll need as Vader turns the tables on the hunters and corners them!
• And both hunter and hunted uncover dark secrets behind the criminal syndicate known only as THE HIDDEN HAND.
New from Scout, Aftershock, and SourcePoint Press for August 14 2019
August 14 2019 from IMAGE, DARK HORSE, IDW, DYNAMITE, BOOM!
An exciting arc continues, featuring the Marvel Action debut of Black Cat!
We head back to the past in this brand-new Pony adventure!
Nicoletta Baldari makes her Pony debut!
Special 25th issue featuring a full-length story about young Princess Leia!
The second of three issues spotlighting the Sequel Trilogy!
The first of two brand-new miniseries wrapping up the DuckTales comics for 2019!
The entire TMNT Volume 3 run-all 23 issues-reprinted in full color for the first time!
Culminating in 3 brand-new issues to close out the series!
As questions are answered, more mysteries abound!
Who commands the Rise?
From the explosive creative team of James Asmus (Gambit) and Eric Koda (Extraordinary X-Men) comes an essential addition to Magic's ongoing story that fans won't want to miss!
An exciting psychological thriller and horror story, all in one!
* Bestselling writer Kieron Gillen (The Wicked + The Divine, Star Wars) and Russ Manning Award-winning artist Dan Mora (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Klaus) explore the mysteries of the past, the complicated truths of our history and the power of family to save the day - especially if that family has secret bunkers of ancient weapons and decades of experience hunting the greatest monsters in Britain's history!
Other Exciting New Books Out on August 14 2019
COME BACK AND LOOK FOR THIS SECTION SOON!
How Am I Doing>
If there is a publisher you like that you want to make sure I don't forget, let me know by sending a message to Ginny@FenixComix.com and I will make sure future editions of this blog include your favorites. I do this for you, dear reader and fellow comic nerd. Let me know what you want 😉
Also, stay tuned for future added content from the KeyMaster himself!