Coming to Comic Shops August 28 2019 - August Week 4
Check out the latest books set to arrive at stores August 28 2019. Now you will know which books will arrive on which week, so you can make sure they get added to your pull list on time - or just check which titles on your subscription list will arrive in your box this week. Do yourself a favor and SIGN UP NOW for Pullbox if you haven't already. If you have, use this list to quickly search for the titles you want and add them to your list today!
Ok, so this edition is coming out about a week later than I intended - and just when I thought I was going to get caught up and work further ahead! But at least I am still barely ahead of FOC, so you can still pre-order the books. Last week got super busy with all of our wonderful guests, but I am back on track - at least for now. We DO have a lot of major events lined up at the shop and I will try my hardest not to let you down!
This blog is going to be growing and changing - we like to evolve with the needs of our customers and take care of you all the best we can. Check back here weekly to see what new features have been added - then give me your suggestions on our Comments page, or email Rogue1.
KeyMaster Picks for August Week 4! August 28 2019
Cover Grab - this is beautiful work by Joshua Middleton
Coming to DC on August 28 2019
New from Marvel for August 28 2019
• Barely able to escape with their lives, SPIDER-MAN and VENOM have no choice but to drag a slew of other heroes into Carnage's crosshairs.
• Worse yet, Carnage's rampage through New York City claims an unexpected piece of collateral damage...and there's NOTHING Venom or anyone can do to stop it!
• With CARNAGE on the loose, VENOM must protect his son Dylan - at all costs!
• But as longtime Venomaniacs know, VENOM AND CARNAGE aren't the only symbiotes loose in New York!
When he was last seen, John Jameson was being recovered from the scene of a massacre in Doverton, Colorado, by Misty Knight. Since then, they've both been MIA. So how, then, are they the only two people poised to prevent chaos as a mysterious foe of Spider-Man's is RESURRECTED in the basements of RAVENCROFT INSTITUTE FOR THE CRIMINALLY INSANE?!
THIS IS THE BIG ONE! In celebration of Marvel's 80th Anniversary, we have gathered together the greatest array of talent ever to be assembled between the covers of a single comic book! Names from the past, from the present, and even the future! Every page is filled with all-new work from this cavalcade of comic book luminaries!
There is a mystery that threads throughout the Marvel Universe - one that has its origins in MARVEL COMICS #1 and which unites a disparate array of heroes and villains throughout the decades! What is the Eternity Mask, and who is responsible for the conspiracy to keep it hidden? And what new player will make their startling debut as these secrets are peeled away?
Featuring the entirety of the Marvel Universe of characters!
Someone is doing terrible things to the Marvel Monsters, and only Kid Kaiju can stop it! But that's not all! A murderers' row of artists like Becky Cloonan, Gerardo Zaffino and others are on hand to provide awesome monster splash pages, accompanied by cross sections from superstar artist Superlog! It's the big, bold, beautiful celebration of all things Monstrously Marvel that you won't want to miss!
For more than 60 issues, Louise Simonson and June Brigman brought a light and youthfulness to Marvel Comics that had rarely been seen before - or since. Alex, Julie, Katie and Jack Power - four ordinary children granted incredible alien abilities - soared into our hearts with amazing adventures from the Morlocks' sewers to the depths of space. Now Louise and June return for a blast into the past - with a bonus helping of Wolverine and Kitty Pryde! When the Brood crash a Lila Cheney concert, Power Pack jumps into action. But can they fight past their own anxieties - and each other - fast enough to drive off the invasion? Plus: Fan-favorite artist Gurihuri teams up with Louise Simonson for the first time in a special short story!
Thor has disappeared! That's all we can say without spoiling the epic, Midgard-shattering conclusion of WAR OF THE REALMS -
but trust us, you won't want to miss this issue, which is the kickoff of Jason Aaron's final Thor story!
It's Ghost Rider vs. Ghost Rider in a wild race through hell, while the Avengers have to fight for their lives against their own Celestial headquarters, which is now possessed by a rather shocking, rather murderous hell-damned soul!
• Sadly, Fred Myers (A.K.A. Boomerang) was never good with rules.
• Spider-Man is caught in the middle of this mess - and that thing that must also come with great power won't let him just walk away.
Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum continues the saga of the spectacular SPIDER-MAN with an ALL-NEW story set in the Gamerverse! How and why did PETER PARKER build the armored VELOCITY SUIT seen in the Marvel's Spider-Man video game? Find out here!
After the events of CITY AT WAR, SPIDER-MAN continues to balance his colliding worlds as he attempts to protect New York City against super villains like SWARM, while reporter MARY JANE WATSON delves deep into an investigation with legendary Daily Bugle journalist BEN URICH. Learn the never-before-told backstory behind the popular VELOCITY SUIT as unexplainable occurrences bedevil the city and our heroes come face-to-face with...a poltergeist?!
Illustrated by Emilio Laiso (CHAMPIONS, STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA), with eye-popping covers by the inimitable SKAN, you won't want to miss a panel of the first all-original story following up the worldwide hit video game!
The year is 2019, and the 72-year-old web-slinger is about to embark on his final adventure! Will the end of Spider-Man's life story mean the end of his life?
MJ saves Spidey, helps Aunt May and basically saves the day.
Face it, readers, you just hit the jackpot.
• As Butcher Squadron launches a rebellion against the Mad Titan, will Thanos be able to quell their revolt?
• Or will he have to turn their space station into a bloodbath in order to hold onto power?
• Bullseye being hired for an assassination? Just another Tuesday. But when he decides to pin it on She-Hulk? Bad idea.
• Strap in as everyone's favorite lawyer-slash-Hulk, Jennifer Walters, takes on the mad marksman in a classic case of character defamation...with a heaping helping of SMASH.
• Plus: Robots! Why? Well, you'll just have to wait and see...
T'Challa secures a legendary victory against N'Jadaka and his Intergalactic Empire! At last, the king can return to his throne and the loved ones he left behind. But even at home, T'Challa isn't free from the Empire's long shadow...
• Captain Marvel and Kamala are up to their knees in Kree nonsense. Who is the mysterious Wastrel, and why is he stockpiling enough Kree tech to build a doomsday device?
• And more importantly...how do the Kree feel about what he's planning?
• A chance at self-actualization is the best reason to put your life on the line for others! Right?
• But what consequences await the Runaways if Nico has to use her magic to support Karolina and keep her safe?
Lunella Lafayette may be the smartest person on the planet, but she's still got to finish the third grade! Just what trouble does Devil Dinosaur get into while Moon Girl is stuck in class?
• GENERAL HUX and KYLO REN crash-land on a far-off planet.
• With no hope of rescue, the two are forced to work together to survive.
• But can they survive each other?
• KENDOH'S crew of mercenaries spring their heist to steal one of the rarest relics in the universe - the hilt of the fabled SWORD OF KHASHYUN from DOK-ONDAR'S DEN OF ANTIQUITIES.
• But with the FIRST ORDER tightening its grip on BLACK SPIRE OUTPOST and the notorious RED FURY STORMTROOPERS on their trail, can these master thieves survive long enough to collect their prize?
• And does Dok-Ondar have one last gambit to play?
New from Scout, Aftershock, and SourcePoint Press for August 28 2019
Something not human. Not vampire.
Tim Seeley (BRILLIANT TRASH, Hack/Slash, Grayson) and Corin Howell (Ghostbusters, Bat-Mite) bring you the next chapter in this contemporary and horrifying tale of vampirism in the dark heart of America.
O'Sullivan and Granville Woods as they battle supernatural forces in late 1800s Boston.
Harry Houdini brings Hunter to a secret group of some of the greatest minds of the
century, where they are studying the supernatural entity known as "The Shifter". But elsewhere, something is murdering people in the streets! Can the Boston Metaphysical Society stop the slaughter?
August 28 2019 from IMAGE, DARK HORSE, IDW, DYNAMITE, BOOM!
The countdown to SAVAGE DRAGON #250 continues!
Malcolm Dragon's greatest foes assemble in an attempt to eliminate him once and for all! A great jumping-on point for new readers from award-winning writer/artist ERIK LARSEN.
Don't miss the earth-shaking lead up to TMNT #100!
Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics, Killmonger), Gleb Melnikov and series creator Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Marvel's The Avengers) will blow you away with a shocking final page reveal that no Buffy or Angel fan can miss!
* Journey back in time and witness the stories of some of the Slayers from all over the globe. Watch the birth of the Sunnydale Hellmouth-an event that will lead to repercussions across the globe... and into the present day. A can't miss for current Buffy readers and new fans alike!
* The Slayers first seen on variant covers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1-4 make their first full length debuts right here!
Other Exciting New Books Out on August 28 2019
COME BACK AND LOOK FOR THIS SECTION SOON!
How Am I Doing? >>>>
What other publishers would you like to see featured? Do you want a horror section? a kids section? Should I include books from American Mythology? Zenescope? I am getting faster at this thing and I might be able to start including more - so let me know what you want to see! Leave a comment or email Rogue1 !